How to make Chickpea & Spinach Skillet with Saffron Broth
The main ingredients of this food are chickpeas and spinach. Besides, the most important flavor that takes it to another level is high-quality saffron threads.
This food is a good choice for health-conscious people since chickpeas rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Also, it can prevent some diseases like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
In addition, spinach contains vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron, and manganese. Reducing blood pressure, strengthening eyesight and immune system, promoting heart health are some of its advantages. Without any further ado, let’s try this yummy dish.
- Pour ½ a cup of vegetable broth into a saucepan which is over medium-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, remove the saucepan from the heat, and transfer the broth into a bowl. Now pinch in ½ teaspoon of high quality saffron threads. Set aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil into a non-stick frying pan which is over a medium-high heat.
- After 2minutes, add 4cloves of garlic which are slices, and ½ an onion which is diced to the pan. Mix them with the oil continuously for 3minutes.
- Grab 2cups of tightly packed fresh spinach, mix with fried garlic and onion for one minute.
- 1 ½ cup of cooked chickpeas need to combine with other ingredients. Season everything with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- The last and the most amazing step is to adding saffron-infused vegetable broth into the pan. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes, and remove the pan from the heat.