Epic Spanish Potatoes with Wine, Saffron & Rosemary
Potatoes are one of the popular vegetable crop all around the world, since they are cheap and rich in nutrition.
Potatoes have variety of benefits for our health.
Reducing the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers are some of its advantages.
On the other hand, potatoes’ preparation method is another interesting point, because they can be cooked in different ways.
Roasted potatoes and fried one serve as appetizer or side dish.
In the following lines, a particular recipe for roasted potato will be explained.
Using wine and high quality saffron threads make this recipe unique.
Without any further ado, let’s trying this yummy starter.
- Pour ¼ cup of white wine into a saucepan which is over medium-high heat. When it starts to boil, remove it from the heat and transfer into a bowl.
- Pinch in 1teaspoon of high quality saffron threads, let it infuse. Set aside.
- Cut 2Yukon potatoes into ½ inch pieces, add them into a large bowl, and pour in the saffron infused white wine, 1tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add ½ tablespoon of freshly chopped rosemary, the rosemary’s needles were removed from the stem and chopped before, and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Mix everything together.
- Now cover the bowl with some saran wrap, and let it marinade for 10 minutes.
- After 10minutes, grab a casserole which is lined with parchment paper. Add the potato into it, then put the casserole to a preheated oven, broil option 250 Celsius that is 475 Fahrenheit.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven after 28-29 minutes, and transfer the roasted potatoes to a serving dish.